Romanian Garden Improvement Project
This site was setup to promote ideas for improving the Romanian Cultural Garden. Like the Cleveland Cultural Gardens, this website is largely a community endeavor and a living entity, undergoing change alongside the Gardens. Toward that end, we accept contributions of materials from our readers, which undergo light editorial review before publication.
Cleveland Cultural Gardens’ Mission:
The Cleveland Cultural Gardens are dedicated to expressing the various cultures represented in the City of Cleveland and support the following values:
• The theme of the Gardens: “Peace through mutual understanding” (as stated by Clara Lederer in her book “Their Paths are Peace”, published in 1954). To link peace to a mutual understanding across cultures is a powerful message recognized internationally.
• The percept of Leo Weidenthal: “True cultures impose no barriers of race or creed”.
• The nationalities that call Cleveland home have developed their respective garden to memorialize and share with the world their culture and history, customs and traditions. By understanding each other and recognizing our multiculturalism we could respect and accept one another and peacefully coexist.
• The park is an educational tool through the stories told by the statues of notable personalities and depictions of their native lands.
• The park is a great place to relax, enjoy nature, walk or bike.